Johns Journey

This is my journal to describe my personal journey in becoming an amputee and what I have learned along the way.

Name:

I am 15 years old. I was born with a birth defect in my leg. I have had 18 surgeries and am about to have my leg amputated. I have a close relationship with God, and I can testify to how God has been with me all of these years. He has been by my side and given me grace in all of my difficulties. I know that He will continue to do so, as I enter this new phase of my life.

Friday, August 12, 2005

3 more days until the big "A"

I have decided to take Nana's advice and keep a journal during the process of getting my leg amputated, and getting a prosthesis and everything I will learn along the way. I have decided to create a blog, that way, I am able to keep all of you updated on my progress. You will be able to post comments to my blog too.

Today is Friday, August 12, 2005. There are 3 days until my surgery. Today was my pre-op appt. I am feeling just fine about my surgery. A lot of people are surprised by that. But since I have been living with this for so many years, it has not been that hard of a decision to make. I know that God will be with me. He has been with me the whole time.

I will keep all of you updated on how things are going.

John

1 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa, Midenian Scholar said...

Hello,

I'm from the Teens forum (Animallover12, though I don't post much anymore), and my mom saw your mom's post on the adult forum. I will be praying for you, and I'll keep in touch with you here. Hope to get to know you; you seem very interesting!

Blessings,
Alyssa H.

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home